Monday, August 21, 2006


Waumbek #22

What a wuss. I caved in and bought a knee brace at the Gorham Rite-Aid along with a package of band-aids, along with some bacetracin and cotton balls for the blisters on my poor toes. Ok, so I’m not heading up Moriah today but since I am on Rte 2 I will catch Waumbek and then drive home. It is an overcast day, and I pat myself on the back for not going the extra distance. I will sack Moriah at another time. Waumbek was a fine alternative and I met a very nice couple from Connecticut, Debbie and Mark, who had hiked Mt. Adams the day before. Was I jealous? Adams is my most feared mountain, though I know I must conquer it once more. This hike up Starr Mountain then over to Waumbek was a breeze and we made it to the summit in no time at all. We all took pictures and their company and conversation were awesome. They have 2 boys attending camp in Cape Cod. I talked about my 2 girls and how much excitement is generated on climbing the 48! Oops, I forget to take the unattractive knee brace off and my picture is snapped while wearing it. Oh well. We are back in Nashua at 6:00 pm: just in time for some Mike’s Lemonade Low-Carb Lights and steak on the grill with mushrooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home